Most people are familiar with fluoride in relationship to dental care and water treatment. However, there are some disturbing facts about fluoride and its intake that need to be discussed in detail, as most people are unaware of the dangers of ingesting fluoride.
Fluoride is an acute toxin
that surpasses ratings higher than lead. According to the handbook “Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products
,” fluoride is more poisonous than lead and just slightly less poisonous than arsenic. Fluoride is an environmental pollutant and a byproduct from the phosphate fertilizer, insecticide, aluminum and other industries. It is also a known carcinogen, especially in relation to bone cancers.
Fluoride can be found in water, toothpaste, mouthwash, dentist’s treatment, fluoride pills, juice, soft drinks, canned food, commercial fruit and vegetables, Teflon and Tefal coated items, etc. Current fluoride intake is equally divided between drinking water (in fluoridated areas), food, other beverages, and dental products, which would indicate that even if you don’t live in a fluoridated area, fluoride is endangering your health.
Fluoride used in water fluoridation is a toxic waste product — which means it contains other heavy metals. It is a cumulative poison that accumulates in bone over the years, as it is the most bone seeking element. The US Public Health Service has stated that fluoride makes the bones more brittle and dental enamel more porous.