“Why do healthy children get adjusted?” is not an uncommon question I am asked. The answer is simple: to keep their nervous system functioning at the optimum level without any interference or distress.
The nervous system is the master controller of our body and if its communication pathways become distorted, they may result in an ineffective neural input and output. These communication errors may be manifested as:
- Inability to suckle and breastfeed
- Poor sleeping habits
- Developmental delays
- Digestion issues
- Behavioral problems
- Low energy
- Inability to concentrate
- And more…
Whatever the symptoms may be, it indicates that the nervous system does not have the inability to self-regulate the bodyand function at a peak level. So whether you have a large spine or a tiny little spine, if that spine is creating nerve distress then the body is unable to operate smoothly. Chiropractors focus on ensuring the nervous system works efficiently and effectively by removing the physical, chemical, and emotional stressors.
These stressors insult the body’s ability to express its health and occur in form of vertebral subluxations. These lifestyle stressors may be:
- Bad posture
- Prolonged postures
- Tummy sleeping
- Falls and/or physical trauma
- Poor food choices
- Exposure to chemicals and toxins
- Emotional stress and anxiety
In some cases, the insults may start early in development while in-utero from exposure to toxins and/or by being restricted within the uterus and unable to freely move about. Subluxations often occur with long labors, very fast labors, births where instruments may have been used (ex. forceps and vacuum), and is surprisingly frequently with Cesarean births.
Now that you have an appreciation for the importance of the nervous system and how it affects the whole body, it does make sense that all children, with or without any evident symptoms, deserve a well-adjusted nervous system and spine. Incorporating chiropractic care will become an important part of a healthy lifestyle for the whole family.
Additional benefits of chiropractic care for children:
- Maximize the child’s brain plasticity and neural development
- Enhance the child’s overall health and well-being
- Strengthen the immune system for a reduction of incidence of colds, earaches and general illness
- Help with colic and irritability
- Help with breathing difficulties, asthma, and allergies
- Influence postural changes
- Improve the child’s ability to concentrate
- Reintegrate the nervous system to assist with behavioral disorders and emotional stress and anxiety
- Alleviate bed-wetting and digestive problems
- Assist with sleep issues
An optimally functioning nervous system is your child’s greatest health asset.
Be healthy & happy, Dr. Tijana
SCHEDULE THE FIRST APPOINTMENT FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY for a comprehensive health assessment TODAY at 706.254.4579!