adrenal fatigue, artificial sweeteners, autoimmune disease, blood sugar, cancer, candida, diabetes, Dr. Tijana DC, healthy.BEing family wellness, immune system, nutrition, pH, sugar, sugar cravings, weight gain
Sugar is a popular topic in nutrition discussion. Sugar goes unnoticed in the diet more than any other fat-building substance that causes hormonal and neurological chemistry imbalances, overall health detriment, and unwanted weight gain, and more.
Increased consumption of sugar may lead to negative and/or adverse effects on health, such as:
- Increased blood pH levels
- Raised blood sugar level
- Deprives the body of minerals and energy without any nutritional value
- Contributes to adrenal stress and fatigue
- Suppresses the immune system and promotes development of auto-immune diseases
- Decreased elasticity of skin, which may promote wrinkling and aging of skin, and eczema
- Contributes to weight gain, obesity, diabetes, heart problems, cancer, ulcers, gallstones, arthritis, and others
- May lead to osteoporosis and periodontal disease
- Contributes to overgrowth of candida, a fungal infection in the intestines, mouth, and skin
- May lead to addictive behavior and the urge to binge
Becoming more aware of where unnecessary sugar is contained is important to be healthier and full of life. Here is some ways to learning where and how to avoid it:
Sugar alcohols: not sugar, not alcohol. They are carbohydrates with structures that only resemble sugar and alcohol, and are considered nutritive sweeteners because they provide fewer calories when consumed. The list includes isomalt, lactitol, maltitol, HSH, erythritol, sorbitol, mannitol and xylitol.
Avoid all artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners belong to the non-nutritive additives in food, and are chemically over-processed. In the United States, sweeteners fall under the “Generally Recognized as Safe” (GRAS) list or as food additives under the 1958 Food Additives Amendment to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
Be healthy & happy, Dr. Tijana
SCHEDULE THE FIRST APPOINTMENT FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY for a comprehensive health assessment TODAY at 706.254.4579!